Statement from the ACCA's Industry and Eminent Persons Dialog
The ACCA held an Industry and Eminent Persons Discussion when we were recently in Bangalore for our 2015 Q1 Board and Members’ Meeting. We hosted over 40 cloud and technology experts at our forum, where we discussed the state of cloud and technology in India. The objective of the session was to take an “on-the-ground” assessment of the state of cloud adoption and development in India, exploring the risks, challenges and opportunities in the cloud market, and providing a platform to uncover some market insights, predictions and recommendations for the cloud community and other stakeholders in both the private and public sectors.
To set the context of the discussion, a number of questions were posed to the participants:
• What are the experiences and observations you have on the demand and supply side of the Indian marketplace?
• Are we seeing a wide spectrum of applications at one end, or are they evenly distribute?
• On the supply side, is the situation one where “traditional” data centres are built in-country, or is it all “on the cloud”?
• What is the shape of the ecosystem – are we seeing situation of “building the base, renting the peak?”
• Are new technology and app firms from current companies providing a driver to the cloud?
• What would be an ideal situation for India’s cloud and technology landscape?
A number of observations and recommendations were made by participants in the session. [read more]
ACCA Members and Guests (now friends!) at our 2015 Q1 Meeting in Bangalore, India on 5 Mar
The Asia Cloud Computing Association (ACCA)
The Asia Cloud Computing Association (ACCA) is a member-driven, Asia focused non-profit organization with a mission to accelerate adoption of cloud computing in Asia Pacific. Its' membership includes a diverse profile of influential cloud providers, cloud consumers and government cloud stakeholders, working together to provide thought leadership for cloud computing in Asia and to remove obstacles to adoption.
Do you have a vested interest in cloud computing in Asia Pacific? Are you encountering cloud adoption challenges? Is the growth of your cloud business hampered by a lack of trust and understanding in the cloud model? Perhaps you encounter concerns from colleagues and customers because of uncertainties around security, data protection, privacy, performance, governance, regulation, interoperability? If you are, you may want to consider joining us as a member. [more]